This Privacy Notice regulates the use and protection by Painter Brothers of “personal data” you provide to Painter Brothers when using this website. Personal data is information which identifies (or which could, with other information that we hold or are likely to hold, identify) a living individual.
Painter Brothers is a “data controller” under the Data Protection Act 1998 and processes personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 up to the 24th May 2018 and with effect from 25th May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) (“Data Protection Laws”). For queries on data protection, please contact Balfour Beatty Plc’s Group Data Protection Officer at Group Data Protection Officer, Balfour Beatty Plc, 5 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London, England, E14 5HU or at: email@example.com.
Personal data: We will not collect any personal data about you or individuals accessing this website, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided or where it is necessary for Painter Brothers to process or hold for the purposes of the goods or services it provides and where there is a valid legal basis for doing so. Examples of personal data that you may provide to us when accessing this website, and which we may collect and process, are:
- personal details such as: your name, address, email address , telephone number and occupation;
Painter Brothers will also collect information about your computer, including where available and your IP address, operating system and browser type and we may share non-personal aggregated statistics about our website visitors’ traffic patterns with authorised partners with a need to know namely, Google Analytics or Site Improve analytics or our authorised nominated web developer suppliers. However, we will not collect, sell or share any information about individual users.
Where we store your personal data:
All personal data you provide to us via the use of this website is stored on systems with appropriate technical and organisational security measures and controls located in European Economic Area (“EEA”), which are sufficient to comply with the requirements under the Data Protection Laws. We will only store your personal data for as long as necessary for Painter Brothers to process such personal data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with Painter Brothers’ internal retention policies and procedures (as updated, and available here). The accuracy of the information that we hold about you is important to us. If any of the personal information we hold about you becomes inaccurate or out of date (e.g. a contact/contact information changes), or you object to or wish to restrict us processing it, please inform us as soon as possible using the contact details below, so we can update our records.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Uses made of the personal data:
We use personal data held about you for the following purposes:
- To contact you in order to send you information that you have asked us to provide such as newsletters or information on Painter Brothers projects or initiatives either by email, telephone or via our ‘contact us’ page or which we think may be useful to you or to send marketing information to you only where you have explicitly consented to this via a separate consent form referencing this privacy notice;
- To notify you about our services and any changes to those services;
- To collect information such as your IP address, operating system and browser type for the purposes of website analytics and sharing of non-personal aggregated statistics about our website visitors’ traffic patterns with authorised partners with a need to know namely, Google Analytics or Site Improve analytics or our authorised nominated web developer suppliers.
- Complying with our legal obligations, any relevant industry or professional rules and regulations or any applicable voluntary codes;
- Complying with demands or requests made by any relevant regulators, government departments and law enforcement authorities or in connection with any disputes or litigation;
Unless otherwise agreed with you, we will not use any of your personal data for automated decision-making or profiling.
Disclosure of your information:
We will share your information with the Balfour Beatty group of companies and, where relevant, their professional advisers. Where required by law or regulatory requirement, or where necessary to fulfill our contract with you, we may also share your information with:
- other companies who provide goods/services to us;
- our professional advisers and auditors;
- regulators, government departments, law enforcement authorities, and insurance companies;
- any relevant ombudsman, dispute resolution body or the courts; and
- persons in connection with any sale, merger, acquisition, disposal, re-organisation or similar change in Painter Brothers/
Personal data shall not be transferred to or stored at a destination outside the EEA.
The transmission of information via email or the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of you data transmitted to our site; and any transmission is at your own risk.
Legal basis for processing: Data Protection Laws require that we meet certain conditions before we are allowed to use your personal data as described in this Privacy Notice. For personal data which is not ‘sensitive personal data’ or ‘special categories of personal data’ under Data Protection Laws, unless otherwise notified, we rely on a condition known as "legitimate interests" in order to process your personal data for the above specified purposes. For example, it is in our legitimate interests to process your personal data in relation to your business contact names, and contact details where it is required by us in order to for us to:
- ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for users;
- administer and respond to inquiries from you in connection with your use of the website or our products or services; and
- meet legal obligations under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws to hold necessary information as part of our GDPR compliance programme record-keeping obligations; and
- insert details of further legitimate interests, where relevant, in relation to main activity of or services provided by entity managing website.
Some of these entities may also be data controllers under the Data Protection Laws.
We will ensure that the collection and processing of your personal data:
- is kept to a minimum with regards to the amount of data collected and the extent of any processing;
- will not be overly intrusive to you; and
- will be proportionate in order to meet our legitimate interests, as above.
If applicable, we will only process ‘sensitive personal data’ or ‘special categories of personal data’ provided by you where you have provided your explicit consent to do so via a separate consent form referencing this privacy notice or where there is an alternative legal basis for such processing under Data Protection Laws.
Your rights in relation to your personal data: Under Data Protection Laws you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- right to access your personal data by subject access request;
- right to have your personal data rectified if inaccurate/incomplete;
- right to object to direct marketing;
- from 25th May 2018 in certain circumstances, the right:
- to have your data erased or removed, and where the personal data has been made public, that other controllers processing the personal data also erase links to, or copy or replication of, such personal data;
- to restrict the processing of your data;
- of data portability, namely to obtain and reuse your data for your own purposes across different services;
- to not be subjected to automated decision making (including profiling) where it produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you; and
- the right to bring a civil action if there is a breach of the Data Protection Laws.
Contact us and complaints: You may contact us in relation to the above rights by contacting Balfour Beatty’s group Data Protection Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Up to 24th May 2018 requests for subject access to personal data may be subject to a small administration fee of up to £10, however from 25th May 2018 such requests will be administered free of charge.
If you are not happy with the way in which your personal data is held or processed by us, or if you are not satisfied with our handling of any request by you in relation to your rights, we would request that you raise a complaint with our Data Protection Officer at the contact details set out above in the first instance, however, you always have the right to complain re: data protection matters to the Information Commissioner Office (ICO). The ICO is the UK's independent body set up to uphold information rights. You can find out more about the ICO on its website (https://ico.org.uk/).
Links to other website: This Privacy Notice only applies to this website and does not apply to any links within the site linking to other websites. We ask you to read the privacy notices on other websites you visit.
Changes to this Privacy Notice: This Privacy Notice is correct as at 24 May 2018, however we keep this Privacy Notice under regular review, and we reserve the right to change it at any time on notice to you.
We will email you to notify you of these changes where:
- we are making substantial changes, or
- where we are doing something with your personal data, which you might not expect based on what we have told you in this Privacy Notice.
Otherwise, any updates to this Privacy Notice will be notified to you by a clearly highlighted banner on the homepage of this website.